- We recommend using Chrome if you are joining via a web browser.
- A laptop or desktop is preferred over a smart phone or tablet.
- If possible, connect using a computer headset.
- Don’t run other programs while using Zoom. Close any unnecessary applications so all the computer’s processing power can be used to maximize the quality of your Zoom session.
- Pay attention to your background. If there’s too much light behind you, your face will be shadowed. Keep a good source of light in front of you but behind your camera/device so that your face will be adequately lit. Also note that busy backgrounds may be distracting to others. Pay attention to what is on your screen and only show what you would feel comfortable sharing in a public space.
- Depending on the type of meeting, you can use the Mute/Unmute, Start/Stop Video icons to communicate with the presenter or other meeting participants.
- Be on time and don’t leave in the middle of a meeting, otherwise, you might find yourself locked out if you try to sign back in.