More help from the U.S. Department of State
- If your child is 16 or 17 years of age they may get a passport with only one parent present instead of two. All application materials remain the same as those for a new passport.
- The application will be updated in 2022 to reflect three gender marking options. Until then you are still able to change your gender on your new passport without submitting medical documentation.
- If you find that your passport has an error with your name, gender, or any dates listed you can fill out the DS-5504 form to change it.
- Don't delay if your passport was lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Learn more about the Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program (CPIAP)