About RGPL Programs on Zoom
- You must have a valid email address and register for programs. The Library will send you a secure link to participate in the program during its scheduled date and time via this email address.
- You may log in before the start time using the link and password sent from the Library. Please be patient if you join early and wait for the host to start the meeting.
- Most Zoom programs will have a presenter as the primary focus of the event. In these cases, the Library may mute your audio or turn off (“disable”) your video, so you are in viewing mode only.
- Some Zoom programs will be set up so participants can socialize and participate in discussions and Q&A with all participants or in smaller breakout groups. This means you can see your fellow attendees and they can see you unless you opt to mute yourself or stop your video.
- You are invited to type in the Chat window as needed. The Chat is a great tool to ask questions or leave comments to the presenter or library staff.
- The River Grove Public Library reserves the right to record Zoom meetings, programs, and events.
- For security purposes, some features of Zoom will be disabled during Zoom programs, including screen share, private chat, and instant messaging. Other features will be enabled, including locking the meeting after it begins.
- Zoom is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 16 without a parent or guardian’s consent for educational purposes. All minors under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian’s consent at the time of registration.
Participants who do not comply with the library’s policies or social networking policies may be removed at any time by the host.